During summers dandruff is a widespread problem of everyone alike.
Perspiration occurs during too hot and humid weather which turns into oily and greasy substance which eventually formulate yellowish white flakes.
It is a widespread perception that dandruff is caused by dry scalp especially in winters. However, dandruff is caused by oily and greasy scalp usually which is more annoying and itching. Seasonal changes, oiliness and stress are also the main causes of seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis is an inflammatory condition that causes itchiness and yellowish white flaky dandruff.
Reasons of dandruff in summers:
During summer there is too much sun exposure which generates perspiration that eventually condenses into dandruff. The intensity of a dandruff forming on the scalp depends upon how much oil accumulates on the scalp of your skin and how robustly yeast or that yellowish white flakes form up on your scalp. This whole dandruff formation process is really annoying and irritating especially in Pakistan when there is an enormous heat wave, perspiration and UV sun exposure of scalp during summers.
Tips to get rid of dandruff:
Following are some of the tips which will help you getting rid of dandruff in summers and ever.
- It is the house wife assumption that frequent hair wash leads to dry scalp and then dandruff forms up. But the reality is opposite, the more oil accumulates on the scalp the itchier and flaky dandruff forms up. So frequent head wash with good medicated shampoo is best to get rid of the dandruff.
- A professional help is necessary when the dandruff turn into something more severe and intense. There are special hair treatments introduced at the beauty salons to control this problem.
- It’s better to apply warm olive oil on the scalp of your hair followed by a soft massage as it will not just moisturize and rejuvenate your hair but will also help rubbing off the dandruff.
- It’s better to avoid eating oily and greasy food to stop dandruff to form. Include fruits and vegetable in your diet.
- Too much sun exposure results in heavy perspiration on the scalp in summer which turns into flaky dandruff afterwards, therefore, direct sun rays in summers must be avoided and also a head scarf must be used to minimize the effect.
- Using anti-dandruff shampoo is the easiest and quickest way to get rid of dandruff.
- It is mentioned earlier that stress is a main reason that causes dandruff so it is imperative to stop taking stress and do yoga and meditation for it.
- A healthy medical check-up is necessary as prevention is better than cure. So that the dandruff can be controlled before it gets worst and severe.
- An important remedy that helps control the dandruff is brush your hair frequently as it will circulate the blood on the scalp and also no flakes of dandruff will accumulate on your skin.